Tickets to the Australian Open (AO) are issued by Tennis Australia (TA), the organiser of the AO, subject to the following conditions:
1. No refund or exchange will be offered on any ticket including complimentary tickets except in accordance with applicable laws and where expressly stated on the ticket.
2. Sale and purchase of each ticket creates a contract between TA and the ticket purchaser (you) which gives you a transferable but conditional licence for admission to Melbourne Park (MP) for a certain session of the AO.
3. The license granted to you will automatically terminate if you, without the prior written consent of TA, resell the ticket at a premium or through a broker or agent; advertise or offer the ticket for resale on the internet or in any other medium; or package, advertise or use the ticket for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions or trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services. If a ticket is sold or used in breach of these conditions, the license terminates and TA may deny the bearer of the ticket admission to the AO or take other action, without any guarantee of a refund. Entry to the AO may also be denied if tickets are not purchased from Ticketek or other authorised points of sale.
4. By purchasing a ticket to the AO you consent to the collection and use of your personal information by Ticketek and TA and the disclosure of that information by Ticketek to TA for the purposes of ticketing and event marketing purposes in the promotion of the AO and related events. Where the information is used for marketing purposes you will be given the opportunity to ‘opt out’ from receiving further marketing material. You may contact TA (at Private Bag 6060 Richmond, Victoria 3121) and Ticketek (at GPO Box 1610, Sydney NSW 2001) to request access to the information held about you.
5. If you hold night session tickets to either Rod Laver Arena or Hisense Arena or an After Five Ground Pass ticket, you cannot access MP until 5.00pm. Access to the Rod Laver Arena & Hisense Arena auditoriums for night sessions may be delayed if day session play runs late.
6. The AO schedule/format is provisional and subject to change if necessary without notice due to adverse weather conditions or other reasons. TA reserves the right to cancel, withdraw, postpone, relocate or reschedule players and or matches when necessary to protect the interests of players, patrons the AO and/or TA.
7. You enter MP at your own risk and Melbourne & Olympic Parks Trust (MOPT) and TA will not be liable for any injury, loss or damage suffered by any person entering MP.
8. All persons 12 years old and younger must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian at all times during the AO. Access to the entertainment area on Grand Slam Oval is prohibited to persons under the age of 18 years old unless in the company of a parent or guardian. Note: An underage viewing area is available for those wanting to watch the entertainment on the stage on Grand Slam Oval.
9. MOPT and TA reserve the right, with reasonable cause, to refuse entry to any person or remove any person from MP without any entitlement to a refund. Without limiting the forgoing, if you are deemed to be affected by alcohol or drugs you may be refused entry to or ejected from MP.
10. MOPT and TA reserve the right to inspect clothing, containers, packages and bags intended to be brought into MP including inspection by screening equipment.
11. Whilst at MP, you are responsible for your property. For the safety and comfort of all patrons, any item or bag that is too large to fit under a seat cannot be brought into MP and a limit of 1 bag per person applies. You must not leave bags or packages unattended at any time. For safety reasons, any unattended bags or packages may be removed or destroyed.
12. All promotional, commercial, political, religious or offensive items of whatever nature including, but not limited to, clothing, banners, signs, symbols and leaflets are prohibited and must not be used for display purposes or brought into MP.
13. For the comfort and safety of patrons and players, and/or pursuant to the Major Sporting Events Act 2009 (the Act), the following items are NOT allowed into MP:
Alcohol; animals except service animals (e.g. seeing eye dogs, police dogs and horses); any item that could be used as a weapon; beach balls & other inflatable devices; bicycles, scooters, skateboards and roller-blades/skates; camera tripods, monopods, telephoto camera lenses with a focal length capacity greater than 200mm; video cameras & handy-cams; audio recorders; drink & food cans; chairs & stools; eskies & hampers; fireworks; frisbees; helium balloons; glass (including bottles); large containers in excess of 1.5 litres; flags, banners or signs larger than 1 metre by 1 metre in size or with handles longer than 50cm in length; musical instruments &/or amplification equipment; unauthorised advertising or marketing material or flyers; laser pointers, distress signals, whistles or loud hailers and dangerous goods.
Note: Prams and strollers are not permitted in seating areas.
14.You must not engage in any conduct, act towards or speak to any player, umpire, referee, other official or another patron in a manner which offends, insults, humiliates, intimidates, threatens, disparages or vilifies that other person on the basis of race, religion, colour, sexual orientation, descent or national/ethnic origin.
15. You must not:
(a) disrupt or interrupt any match or event organised by TA;
(b) engage in conduct which is a risk to the safety of yourself or others; and
(c) cause unreasonable disruption or unreasonable interference to patrons of the AO or persons engaged in the conduct or management of the AO,
for which a 24 hour ban from MP may be imposed pursuant to the Act.
16. In order to enhance security and protect the safety of patrons attending the AO, TA, MOPT or their contractors may operate surveillance equipment within MP including security cameras. By entering MP, you consent to information about yourself (including images) being recorded and disclosed to others including (without limitation) law enforcements bodies and persons involved in relevant legal or disciplinary actions to the extent that TA or MOPT deems such disclosure to be necessary so as to protect their lawful interests, the public interest or the safety of persons or property present at the AO.
17. You must not cause willful damage or harm to any part of MP including buildings, fixtures & fittings, fences, vegetation and infrastructure during the AO.
18. You must not interfere with, obstruct or hinder TA or its employees, agents, contractors or an authorised officer under the Act in the exercise of their powers, functions or duties during the AO.
19. You must not conduct public surveys or opinion polls, solicit money, donations or subscriptions from members of the public, without the prior consent of TA.
20. You must not smoke within MP unless you are in an area where smoking is allowed.
21. You must wear shoes/footwear at all times within MP.
22. You must not play ball games of any kind unless TA has authorised that ball game.
23. Standing is not permitted in seated areas until end of games or between matches. Standing in the aisles or sitting on the stairs is not permitted at any time. You must adhere to allocated seating in the ticketed arenas and follow the reasonable directions given by TA employees, agents and contractors and authorised officers under the Act.
24. You are not permitted to open umbrellas within the seating areas of all courts whilst there are matches in progress.
25. Images of the AO taken with a camera, mobile phone or other wireless device cannot be used for any purpose other than for private and domestic purposes. You must not sell, license, publish, make publically available on the internet or otherwise commercially exploit photographs. Flash photography is not permitted in seating areas. Taking video footage via any means is forbidden.
26. Making or distribution of broadcasts or narrowcasts of any images, sounds, data, results, statistics or commentary of the AO by any means in any format or media including by mobile phone or other wireless device is forbidden.
27. You consent to being photographed, filmed and recorded as an AO patron, and consent to use of any such film, image or recording at the discretion of TA, its commercial partners or law enforcement agencies without compensation or notice.
28. Any provision of these ticket conditions which is invalid must be read down to the minimum extent necessary to achieve its validity, or be severed from these ticket conditions without invalidating or affecting the remaining provisions of these ticket conditions.
29. TA may alter these ticket conditions if such changes are reasonably necessary to address safety issues or otherwise protect legitimate interests of TA.
NOTE: Some areas of MP are exposed to direct sunlight and heat. You should be aware that auditorium seating may be in the sun for part or all of the day. You must take appropriate care for your hydration and sun protection.