FORMULA 1® AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX 2020 – Ticket and Travel Packages
With crowds spanning over 250,000 across 4 action packed days, there’s no doubt the FORMULA 1® AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX 2020 is an event not to be missed!
Since 1996, Melbourne (arguably the Sporting Capital of World), has been home to the first official race of the Formula 1® season! The FORMULA 1® AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX 2020 will be taking no turns, kickstarting the Formula 1® season with another epic four days of adrenaline pumping, bumper to bumper, high-speed Formula 1® action at Melbourne’s iconic Albert Park Grand Prix Circuit.
If you’d love to join us and experience the thrilling first official race of the Formula 1® season amongst the beautiful setting of the iconic Albert Park Grand Prix Circuit, please take a moment to pre-register your interest by completing the form below. Once our Formula 1® Australian Grand Prix Ticket & Travel Packages are released, we’ll send you a notification email and message, and if you’d like, you can arrange for one of our friendly travel experts to get in touch and discuss the range of packages and your travel requirements in further detail.
Exclusive Pre-Sale: To get priority access to our packages and be one of the first customers contacted when our Formula 1® Australian Grand Prix Ticket & Travel Packages are released, please place a fully refundable $50 deposit after placing your enquiry. This will guarantee that you’ll receive the very best accommodation and ticket options from our range.
Australian Grand Prix 2020 – Event Details
|Official event name:||FORMULA 1® AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX 2020|
|Event start sate:||12/03/2020|
|Event end date:||15/03/2020|
|Event official website:||www.grandprix.com.au|
|Event category:||Formula 1®|
|Performers:||To be announced|
|Event Location:||Albert Park Grand Prix Circuit|
|Event Address:||12 Aughtie Drive, Albert Park Vic 3206|
Sportsnet Holidays is an independent contractor to, and is not an agent or associate of, The Australian Grand Prix Corporation or Grand Prix Travel Office. The Conditions of Sale and Conditions of Entry, apply to all tickets and attendance at the FORMULA 1 AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX 2020. These Conditions are available from AGPC on request or at www.grandprix.com.au and a copy of each is included herein.
Sportsnet’s 2019 FORMULA 1® ROLEX AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX 3 night packages (priced from $1,029 per person, twin/double share) included:
- 3 nights’ accommodation at a selection of Melbourne hotels and/or apartments,
- Check In: Friday 15th March, 2019.
- Check Out: Monday 18th March, 2019.
- Additional nights are available upon request.
- 4 Day – Grandstand Schumacher ticket to the 2019 Formula 1 Rolex Australian Grand Prix including:
- Thursday Roaming Grandstand Access.
- Sportsnet’s Ultimate Motorsport Dinner on Friday 15th March, 2019 including:
- Entry and reserved seat insider the River Room at Crown Casino.
- Interviews with legends from Formula 1 and Supercars.
- Opportunity to meet, get photos & autographs with the special guests.
- In-depth preview of the upcoming Grand Prix.
- Dinner & beverage package.
- Live music & entertainment.
- Prizes to win, opportunity to meet other Sportsnet travellers and more!
- 2019 Formula 1 Rolex Australian Grand Prix Official Programme.
- Sportsnet Holidays Cap.
- Free Public Transport on selected Melbourne Tram Routes with your event ticket*
- Booking and Ticket Handling Fee.
Since Adelaide was relinquished the hosting duties of the Formula 1® in 1995, Melbourne in 1996 became home to the Formula 1® Australian Grand Prix, held at the iconic Albert Park Grand Prix Circuit. Since the move, Melbourne has had no shortage of dramatic Formula 1® action. Aside from the ‘crash and bash’, there have been many more dramatic and glorified moments at the Formula 1® Australian Grand Prix. Other notable moments include:
- Melbourne’s inaugural Formula 1® race in 1996 is famously remembered for Martin Brundle sensationally flipping his Jordan-Peugeot
- Ralf Schumacher rear-ending and flying over the top of Ferrari driver Rubens Barrichello in 2002
- Australia’s own Mark Webber finishing an unexpected 5th in his Formula 1® debut, driving for Minardi after qualifying eighteenth, in 2002
- In 2014, Australia’s Daniel Ricciardo was a podium finish (which would’ve made him the first Australian to ever podium at Albert Park) however, a fuel breach resulted in disqualification and saw him stripped of the privilege
- Fernando Alonso’s horrific crash in 2016
- Michael Schumacher winning an incredible fourth Australian Grand Prix in 2004 – a record that still stands.
There have been many trials and tribulations witnessed at the Formula 1® Australian Grand Prix that are truly unforgettable, you don’t want to miss your chance of experiencing history at one Australia’s most iconic weekends on the sporting calendar.
Formula 1® 2018 Rolex Australian Grand Prix: Highlights