3 Night Self Drive Package
3 nights’ accommodation in a Standard Tent at Birdsville’s Rent-A-Tent campground including: – View Package Prices
- Check In: Saturday 9th April, 2022
- Check Out: Tuesday 12th April, 2022
- Pre-erected tent fitted with stretcher beds and mattresses
- Single linen pack per person with an adult size hooded sleeping bag, pillow with pillowcase and a sleeping bag liner
- Camp chair & lantern
- Shared toilet and shower facilities
2 Day Corporate Hospitality in the OBE Pavilion on Sunday 10th April, 2022 and Monday 11th April, 2022 including:
- Experience all that a traditional race meet has to offer in the dramatic and dusty desert landscape of the Australian outback! Enjoy the quality racing over the 13 race program on Sunday and Monday as well as all the action and entertainment off the track.
- Clear fronted marquee with full trackside views
- Gourmet dining featuring OBE Organic produce
- Cocktail style hospitality on Sunday
- Seated buffet lunch on Monday
- 4.5 hour beer, wine and soft drink package
- Complimentary race book
- Live entertainment between races
- Shuttle to and from the Birdsville Racetrack (Gold coin donation payable directly on board)
Big Red Sunset Tour on Saturday 9th April, 2022 including:
- Kick off your shoes and earth yourself in the sands of Big Red. This tour will head towards the Simpson Desert, traversing rugged terrain with spectacular views. At Little Red, we turn and sneak up a 2 wheeled track past a massive Wedge Tailed Eagle nest to the base of what you have come to see…Big Red. After engaging 4WD, we will drive to the top for amazing panoramic views of Big Red, endless photographic opportunities and views across to The Nemesis. The challenging neighbour of Big Red, these dunes are said to be the biggest of the approximately 1200 dunes of the Simpson Desert…they are also the longest parallel dunes in the world.
- 3 hour Big Red Sunset Tour
- Refreshments including selected beers, wines and soft drinks
- Nibbles platter
Entry ticket into Fight Night at the Famous Fred Brophy’s Boxing Tent on Sunday 10th April, 2022
- Fred Brophy is the last boxing tent showman in the world and has become a legend at events around the outback. The Boxing Troupe has become as much an iconic part of the Birdsville races as the races itself.
Booking and Ticket Handling Fee
|Rent-A-Tent Campground Standard Tent||Package||1,689||1,614||2,012||1,602|
Q. Is Sportsnet Corporation an Official and/or Appointed operator?
A. Sportsnet Holidays is the preferred supplier for the Birdsville Racing Club selling official packages
Q. Can I buy tickets without accommodation?
A. No, tickets must be bought in conjunction with accommodation.
Q. Can I buy the package without tickets?
Q. Are there children’s tickets available?
A. Yes. Children up to 15 years of age are free of charge, however will require an entry ticket. The OBE Pavilion is strictly 18+.
Q. Can I request where I sit?
Q. Is there disabled access to the event?
Q. Can I request a hotel not listed under the ‘Prices’ tab?
A. In Birdsville, the only accommodation option available is The Rent-A-Tent Campground. If you are booking the Adelaide Escape package, an alternative hotel in Adelaide can be requested, however there may be an additional rate payable.
Q. Can I upgrade my room type?
A. No, this is not possible at Rent-A-Tent in Birdsville.
Q. What is the minimum night stay?
A. There is a 3 night minimum stay at Rent-A-Tent campground.
Flights & Transfers
Q. Are flights and pre-paid taxes included in the package?
A. Yes, return charter flights between Adelaide or Brisbane and Birdsville are included in selected packages. Self drive packages do not included flights.
Q. Are transfers included from the airport to my hotel? If so, what type?
A. No, airport transfers are not included in the package. The Birdsville airport is located approximately 500 metres from the Rent-A-Tent campground.
Q. Are transfers included from my hotel to the event? If so, what type?
A. No, transfers are not included, however there is a shuttle bus to and from the Birdsville Racetrack for a gold coin donation (payable directly onboard).