2020 Motul Grand Prix of Japan – Travel Packages & Tours
The only race set in the ‘Land of the Rising Sun’, Japan the 2019 Motul Grand Prix of Japan (Japan MotoGP™) will be staged at the stunning and world renowned Twin Ring Motegi circuit. The 4.8 kilometre track is set in the foothills of the Hakko mountain chain, surrounded by picturesque forests, rivers and lush environment making this event one of the most exotic motorsport events in the world. However, it’s not only the gorgeous scenery and beautiful backdrop that makes the Japanese MotoGP™ special – it’s the thrilling racing! With challenging circuit filled with corners and the event being notorious for making or ending championship aspirations, it’s no surprise that some of the most memorable moments in MotoGP™ history have taken place at the Japanese MotoGP™!
The Japan MotoGP™ is growing year after year and the 2020 edition is set to be even bigger and better! if you’d love to be there LIVE at the Motegi Circuit to experience one of the most iconic and historic races on the MotoGP™ calendar (not to mention the home race of Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki!), please take a moment to pre-register your interest by completing the form below. Once our Japan MotoGP™ 2020 packages are released, we’ll send you a notification email and message, and if you’d like, you can arrange for one of our friendly travel experts to get in touch and discuss the range of packages and your travel requirements in further detail.
Exclusive Pre-Sale: To get priority access to our packages and be one of the first customers contacted when our Japan MotoGP™ 2020 travel packages are released, please place a fully refundable $50 deposit after placing your enquiry. This will guarantee that you’ll receive the very best accommodation and ticket options from our range.
2020 Japanese MotoGP™ – Event Details
|Official Event Name:||2020 Motul Grand Prix of Japan
|Event Start Date:||18 October^ 2020|
|Event Start Date:||20 October^ 2020|
|Event Official Website:||www.motogp.com|
|Performers||To be announced|
|Event Location:||Twin Ring Motegi|
|Event Address:||１２０−１ Hiyama, Motegi, Haga District, Tochigi Prefecture 321-3533, Japan|
^Dates are based on the 2020 MotoGP™ Provisional Calendar and may be subject to change.
Please note that all prices and inclusions are from our range of 2019 packages and are therefore only a guide and are subject to change.
4 night 2019 Japanese MotoGP™ tour package from $2,399 included:
- 1 night accommodation at the 4.5 star Keio Plaza Hotel, Tokyo
- Check in: Thursday 17th October, 2019
- Check out: Friday 18th October,2019
- Bedding Configuration: 2x Single Beds
- 3 nights accommodation at the 3.5 star Okura Frontier Epochal, Tsukuba
- Check in: Friday 18th October,2019
- Check out: Monday 21st October,2019
- Bedding Configuration: 2x Single Beds
- Breakfast daily
- Return coach transfers between Tokyo and Okura Frontier Epochal, Tsukuba
- Return coach transfers between Okura Frontier Epochal and Twin Ring Motegi Circuit on Saturday & Sunday
- Tokyo Sightseeing Bus with English speaking tour guide including:
- Tempura and sushi set lunch at local restaurant
- Samurai Experience
- Access to Asakusa Sensoji Temple and Nakamise Shopping Street
- Asahi beer factory visit and tasting
- Access to the Honda Collection Hall at Motegi Circuit
- 2 Day Ticket to the Motul Grand Prix of Japan including: – Uncovered Grandstand V5 – Starting Grid
- Reserved seat in Grandstand V5 on Saturday & Sunday
- V5 is located on the main straight so you can get up-close to the action
- 1 Day – Paddock Pass on Sunday 20th October, 2019
- See the team garages and take photos in this exclusive area of the circuit – you could even meet a rider, team manager or legend and get their autograph!
- Visit the Ushiku Daibutsu statue
- Sportsnet Merchandise including backpack, cap & poncho
- Lonely Planet Japanese Phrasebook & Dictionary
- Sportsnet tour host throughout
- English speaking coordinator
- Booking and ticket handling fee
First held more than 50 years ago in 1962, the Japanese Motorcycle Grand Prix is one of the oldest premier-class races on the MotoGP™ calendar. Staged at the Twin Ring Motegi since the tragic fatality of Japanese rider, Daijiro Kato at Suzuka at the 2003 Japanese Grand Prix, the circuit is located amongst the natural beauty of the northern Kanto region. The circuit’s name derives from the fact the facility is made up of two separate tracks – a 2.49km oval circuit (which is incredibly only used once a year!) and a 4.8km road course which is of course used for MotoGP™ race.
When compared to the predominantly flowing circuits on the MotoGP™ calendar, the Twin Ring Motegi road course has a unique ‘stop start’ layout comprising of many short straights and sharp hairpin turns which has drawn criticism from some riders, most notably Valentino Rossi. However, given that ‘Vale’ has won just one race at Motegi in 14 races, that’s hardly surprising! Off the track, the main attraction at Motegi is the Honda Collection Hall, a massive museum of all things Honda including the legendary V4, oval piston, NR500 – a machine that was was incredibly advanced (if not uncompetitive on the racetrack!) for it’s introduction in 1979.