2019 Shell Malaysia Motorcycle Grand Prix – Travel Packages & Tours
The most unpredictable and electric races on the MotoGP™ calendar, the Shell Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix is always a fan-favourite and the popularity of the event increases year-by-year, consistently achieving record breaking attendances. Traditionally one of the last few races on the MotoGP™ calendar, the race is one of the most highly anticipated and challenging races. The race is also one that potentially can make or break the hopes of a top contender vying for the MotoGP™ World Championship, making it particularly thrilling for any MotoGP fanatic regardless of which racer you’re rooting for. The 2019 edition of the Malaysian MotoGP™ will span from 1-3 November* and is looking to be to bigger and better than ever!
One of the main features of the Malaysian MotoGP™ and what makes it one of the most highly anticipated races is it’s iconic racecourse, Sepang International Circuit. Riders rank this course as one of the most difficult on the MotoGP™ calendar due to the circuit’s tricky slow and high-speed corners which catches many riders off guard and has caused a fair few crashes. The circuits exciting balance of fast and slow demands that riders and bikes alike are balanced, all round packages. Riders face two long straights, four slow hairpin corners and ten medium to high-speed corners. Add Malaysia’s extreme and inclement weather and chances of torrential downpours into the mix and you have a recipe to produce some unexpected and drama-filled results. We promise you’ll be on the edge of your seat for the whole race!
2019 Malaysian MotoGP™ – Event Details
|Official Event Name:||2019 Shell Malaysia Motorcycle Grand Prix|
|Event Start Date:||1 November 2019*|
|Event End Date:||3 November 2019*|
|Event Official Website:||www.motogp.com/en/event/Malaysia|
|Performers||To Be Announced|
|Event Location:||Sepang International Circuit|
|Event Address:||27, 64000 Sepang, Selangor, Malaysia|
*Dates are provisional and subject to change.
Our 2019 Malaysian MotoGP™ packages were priced from between $1,759 and $1,779 (per person, twin share) depending on the accommodation and number of nights selected. You can expect our 2019 packages to have similar pricing and inclusions.
4 Night InterContinental, Kuala Lumpur ‘VR46’ package inclusions:
- Return economy airfares flying Malaysia Airlines ex Perth including compulsory Pre-paid taxes (Please add $243 per person for Sydney and Melbourne) (other cities & airlines are available on request).
- Return shared coach airport to hotel transfers on Thursday 1st November, 2018 & Monday 5th November, 2018.
- 4 nights’ accommodation
- Full buffet breakfast daily.
- Complimentary WIFI in room.
- Sportsnet Holidays Malaysian MotoGP™ Riders Dinner Function at Sama-Sama KLIA Hotel starting at 7:00pm on Friday 2nd November including:
- Entry & reserved seating inside the exclusive Sama Sama Hotel.
- Hosted by BT Sport commentator Gavin Emmett.
- Interviews with current MotoGP™ riders & past legends of the sport. Previous Sportsnet guests include Jack Miller, Cal Crutchlow and Brad Binder!
- Preview of the upcoming MotoGP™.
- Photo and autograph opportunities.
- Buffet dinner & dessert.
- Beverage package including beer, wine, soft drinks & limited spirits.
- Opportunity to meet other Sportsnet travellers.
- Opportunity to purchase exclusive MotoGP framed memorabilia & have it signed on the night.
- Great prizes to be won and much more!
- Return coach transfers from InterContinental Kuala Lumpur.
- Saturday & Sunday return hotel to Sepang International Circuit coach transfers (Friday at an additional cost).
- 2 Day Saturday & Sunday VR46 Tribune Ticket to the 2018 Malaysia MotoGP™
- Experience all the action of Sepang with your fellow Valentino Rossi supporters by taking your seat in the VR46 Tribune. Located above Turn 1, and Rossi’s favourite stop to honour his fans.
- Valentino Rossi 46 Supporter Flag.
- 2018 Shell Malaysia Motorcycle Grand Prix event programme.
- Sportsnet Holidays Merchandise including:
The Malaysian MotoGP™ is renowned for causing some of the most memorable and thrilling moments in MotoGP™ – who can forget the infamous ‘kick-gate’ incident between Marc Marquez and Valentino Rossi; the countless epic crashes in Moto2™ and Moto3™; and of course, the terrible loss of the much-loved Marco Simoncelli in 2011. You can always bank on there to be something that will make jump out of your seat in excitement or cause you to say “I’ve never seen that before!”. You can also expect the biggest names in MotoGP™ to be in attendance and their peak performance at the Malaysian MotoGP™. Big names such as Jorge Lorenzo, previous winner Andrea Dovizioso as well as nine-time World Champion Valentino Rossi will all be battling it out for MotoGP glory. It’s no surprise that the Malaysian MotoGP™ is one of the most anticipated races on the MotoGP calendar.
Aside from return flights, quality accomodation and official tickets, a highlight of Sportsnet’s Malaysian MotoGP™ packages is our Malaysian MotoGP™ Riders Dinner staged at the luxurious Sama-Sama Hotel, just 15 minutes away from the track and the very same hotel that the majority of riders stay at! Hosted by BT Sports commentator, for the past three years, the Riders Dinner is always a fantastic evening full of food, drinks and Q&A sessions with some of the biggest names in the MotoGP™ paddock. Past guests have included Jack Miller, Cal Crutchlow, Johann Zarco, Brad Binder, Danny Kent and Yonny Hernández amongst others! Please note, our Malaysian MotoGP™ packages will include the option to stay at the Sama-Sama hotel – the same hotel that majority of riders stay at!
If you’re interested in joining us at the 2019 edition of the Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix, then please take a moment to enquire by selecting a package above and then completing the Enquiry Form at the bottom of the page. When our 2019 Malaysian MotoGP™ packages become available, one of our friendly travel consultants will be in touch with you to talk you through the package inclusions and options, as well as to discuss your travel requirements in further detail.
Cheers and hopefully you can join us for what’s sure to be a memorable experience at Sepang!
MotoGP™ racing is arguably one of the most exciting spectator sports to watch live. Coming hot off the heels of the Australian leg of the Moto Grand Prix, the world’s best riders will descend upon Malaysia in full flight come October. Who will top the leader board as the international championship series edges closer to the business end of the race season? All will be revealed LIVE at Sepang, but read on below to ensure you’re in the know when it comes to the Malaysian MotoGP™!