Experience the 2018 Brisbane Global Rugby Tens
Attention Rugby aficionado’s. Get ready for a hyped start to the year when the 2018 Brisbane Global Rugby 10’s kicks off the weekend of 9th & 10th of February. The new day/night draw format means there’ll be plenty of opportunities to see the world’s best union players compete at the lively Suncorp Stadium.
It’s guaranteed to be a weekend of intense on field and off field antics for rugby mad fans where 14 all-star union teams from Australia, New Zealand and the international league line up as ten-player sides. The games are only ten-minutes-per-half and there’s a total of 28 matches that make up this knockout tournament. Big blokes playing for big bucks indeed. Get your mates together footy weekend to remember.
You are here for a short time, not a long time so best make the most of your Brisbane stay. Stop by at some of our top pick of places to party. Caxton Street being one of them. Known as Brisbane’s Rugby hub, the off-field antics may even surpass the fun of the Brisbane Global Rugby 10’s itself.
- The Caxton Hotel – any Rugby League fan worth his salt has to have a pint here. Located right next to Suncorp Stadium this pub has trading since 1884, and is a favourite haunt for sports fans and superstar players, making it a perfect spot for a both a pre & a post-match tipple.
- Lefty’s – this old-time music hall features saloon style bars and leather seated booths. Perfect for cracking a cold one and listening to thigh slapping tunes. Do yourself a favour and tuck into a plate of American ribs with a whiskey chaser.
- The Barracks – for a more refined evening experience head to the top of Caxton Street and wander into The Barracks precinct. This area is filled with quality eateries and stylish bars so you’re bound to find a quieter place to enjoy a top meal where hyped footy shenanigans are kept to a minimum.
Brisbane 10’s Accommodation Options
Sportsnet Holidays is the Australian Exclusive Official Travel Agent for the Brisbane Global Rugby 10’s and we’ve made it our mission to source the best hotels in the city. All travel and event packages include tickets, accommodation and bonus extras. Here’s our primo picks of Brisbane city hotels!
- Oakwood Apartments – spacious rooms with epic river views overlooking Brisbane’s famous Story Bridge. There’s an on-site restaurant and bar here, very handy for a solid feed day or night. The steaks are A+ and the overall restaurant atmosphere is chill. The hotel pool is perfect for a sunset swim (did we mention the Story Bridge view already?). The apartment is a close walk to the CBD and Fortitude Valley.
- The Hilton Hotel- located in the heart of the city off Queen Street mall. Sporty types will easily make use of its fitness centre, heated swimming pool and the on-site tennis court. Nearby to all of Brisbane’s best attractions. Iconic city views from the upper level executive suites.
- iStay River City – a terrific CBD hotel option. Offering both 1 & 2 bedroom self-contained apartments. Modern amenities and ripper river views via full-length windows. Yes, pool & yes BBQ area. Ideal for a lad’s reunion/rugby union weekend away.
Brisbane 10’s Package Bonuses
As a privileged guest of Sportsnet Holidays we want you to enjoy the special perks on offer throughout the Brisbane 10’s event. Here’s a few of the complimentary bonuses available with our varied packages.
- A ‘Brisbane River Cruise’. Sail by the Maritime Museum, Southbank precinct and the Story Bridge. The outdoor deck boasts unparalleled views of the river city and all its attractions.
- An exclusive ‘Behind the Scenes Diamond Lounge Tour’ with access to a private viewing room at Suncorp Stadium. Watch all-star players warm up on for Saturday’s matches via one-way glass.
- Receive a Sportsnet SportsPass Membership which gives you exclusive offers to more than 100 retailers and thousands of brands Australia wide.
Join the rugby revolution and get amongst the footy fever this February 2018. You won’t want to regret missing the superstars of Australian and international Rugby Union go head-to-head at this high-stakes knockout tournament. Sportsnet Holidays can & will take you there – book now and receive your Brisbane Global Rugby 10’s tickets and hotel accommodation in one. See you at Suncorp hey!