7 Reasons Why You Should Attend Bathurst 1000 2018 with Sportsnet Holidays
Bathurst! Australia’s great race conjures up images of supercars in full speed, motorsport fans drinking beer and driving teams hustling to win the coveted Peter Brock Trophy. Naturally the thrilling turns, fast straights and iconic scenery of the Mount Panorama Circuit only add to this event’s ever hyped energy. So, fasten your seatbelt and hang on tight because Sportsnet Holidays have compiled ‘7 Reasons Why You Should Attend the Bathurst 1000’ as our honourable guests come October 2018.
1. Sportsnet's Incredible staff!
Sportsnet Holidays is staffed by experts. Without sounding trite we know what it takes to arrange a packaged sport holiday and tailor all the inclusions just right. Most importantly we are major Supercar fans ourselves. Representatives of Sportsnet attend the Bathurst event and know exactly where the best viewing spots are, along with many other helpful insider tips.
2. Bathurst 1000's Action Packed Schedule
The Bathurst 1000 schedule is action packed indeed. Hence, we curate an itinerary that focuses primarily on the guests needs. Want an upgraded ticket? Can do. Need flexibility with your Bathurst 1000 dates? Fire your requests away and we’ll do our best to amend a package that aligns with your lifestyle.
3. Bathurst 1000 is One of the Most Iconic Events
The Bathurst 1000 is by far one of the most iconic sporting events on Australian soil. The Great Race has been going for 55+ years for goodness sake. Newsflash – if you’ve never attended it live in person then you’re absolutely missing out. It’s a wild weekend of V8 supercar action, scented with burning rubber and the approaching Aussie Summer. The off-track entertainment is a major highlight to experience live too.
4. Pre-Selected Bathurst Accomodation
Sportsnet Holidays have pre-selected Bathurst accommodation options in the Bathurst township for you to choose from. Streamlining your sleep and stay requirements with your attendance at the Bathurst 1000. All you have to do is set an alarm and be ready on time from your hotel when we collect you to go trackside.
5. Glamping (Fancy Camping)
Fancy glamping it up in Tent City? Well, base yourself right amongst all the Bathurst 1000 action and mingle with likeminded die hard V8 fans. Sportsnet Holidays will provide you with a pre-set-up steel framed carpeted tent with quality mattresses and a 12-volt light. Hot and cold breakfast is available here. NB: it’s best to fuel up and giddy up quick, even though frequent coach transfers go direct to Mount Panorama you’ll want to get to the track early, so you don’t miss a thing.
6. Merchandise, Exclusive Events and More!
Perks and privileges for our valued guests include official event merchandise, admission into the National Motor Racing Museum at the Mount Panorama Circuit & a paddock pass which gives attendees full access to all the behind-the-scenes action in the pits. Plus, exclusive entry into one of the following Sportsnet functions;
- The Sportsnet Bathurst 1000Thursday Night Drivers Dinner.
- The Sportsnet Bathurst 1000 Friday Night Legends Dinner.
7. The Fun Times Never End
Eat drink and be merry. Fun times are certain to be had both on and off track. If you’re heading out in Bathurst town post-race here’s a few of our favourite places to check out. Artfully tried and tested by the Sportsnet team of course.
- Jack Duggan’s Irish Pub. An institution for Bathurst locals and visitors alike. Trading since 1849! The pub is named after infamous Australian bushranger Jack Duggan aka ‘The Wild Colonial Boy’. Best steaks in town.
- Kings on George Hotel. Established in 1853, The Kings Hotel is one of Bathurst’s original inner CBD hotels. A top spot to enjoy live music. Boasts a huge menu full of hearty meals to tuck into.
- Church Bar and Woodfired Pizza. Open late and centrally located. This is your go to venue for a top cocktail and a super tasty pizza. Cool outdoor courtyard area.
Surely you don’t need another reason to attend the Bathurst 1000 2018 event. The above list clearly spells out the bonuses of watching Australia’s great race live and how simple it is for Sportsnet Holidays to take you there. Do yourself a favour and call a consultant now, we for one don’t want you to regret missing out.