2 night 2018 AAMI Victoria Derby Day packages include:
- 2 nights accommodation at a selection of Melbourne CBD hotels. – View Hotel Locations. – View Hotel Pricing.
- Check In: Friday 2nd November, 2018.
- Check Out: Sunday 4th November, 2018.
- The Derby Day One Way Cruiser on Saturday 3rd November, 2018 including:
- Delivery to the doorstep of the renowned Flemington Racecourse.
- Once way scenic cruise along the Maribyrnong River.
- Live music.
- Stand-up morning tea buffet consisting of fresh seasonal fruits, delicious muffins, gourmet pastries and tastefully filled croissants.
- Unlimited heavy & light beers and Australian sparkling, red & white wines.
- A variety of soft drinks, freshly squeezed orange juice, tea & coffee.
- Hosted by the friendly Sportsnet Holidays Team.
- General admission ticket to AAMI Victoria Derby Day on Saturday 3rd November, 2018. Grandstand and hospitality upgrades will be available in March 2018.
- myki Visitor Pack including:
- A Full Fare myki card, pre-loaded with enough myki money for one day’s travel in Zone 1 & 2, which includes the entire tram network.
- Discount offers at 15 attractions including: Melbourne Aquarium, the National Sports Museum, Eureka Skydeck and Melbourne Star, saving you more than $100.
- A protective souvenir myki wallet.
- Exclusive Sportsnet SportsPass Membership including:
- Access to exclusive offers to more than 100 retailers and thousands of brands Australia wide.
- Booking and Ticket Handling Fee.
|The Victoria Hotel Heritage Room||Package||495||-||647||-|
|Travelodge Southbank Guest Room||Package||583||547||823||-|
|Adina Apartment Hotel, Northbank One Bedroom Apartment||Package||607||563||871||-|
|Oaks Southbank One Bedroom Apartment (Double Only)||Package||629||-||915||-|
|WRAP on Southbank One Bedroom Apartment||Package||629||-||915||-|
|Novotel Melbourne on Collins Standard Room||Package||705||-||1,067||-|
|Novotel Melbourne on Collins Deluxe King Room (Double Only)||Package||759||-||1,175||-|
|Oaks Southbank Two Bedroom Apartment||Package||799||647||1,255||571|
|WRAP on Southbank Two Bedroom Apartment||Package||799||647||1,255||571|
|InterContinental Melbourne the Rialto Deluxe Room||Package||799||712||1,255||-|
Q. Where is the event being held?
A. Flemington Racecourse
448 Epsom Road
Q. What is the venue capacity?
Q. Is Sportsnet Corporation an Official and/or Appointed operator?
A. Yes, Sportsnet Holidays is an Official Tourism Operator of the Victoria Racing Club (VRC).
Q. Can I buy tickets without accommodation?
A. No, tickets must be bought in conjunction with accommodation.
Q. Can I buy the package without tickets?
Q. Are there children’s tickets available?
A. Children’s tickets are not available for this event.
Q. Can I request where I sit?
A. Yes, however this is subject to availability.
Q. Are there different standards of tickets?
A. Yes, upgrades will be released in March 2018.
Q. Do grandstand tickets include reserved seating?
Q. Is there disabled access to the event?
A. Yes, however it is subject to availability.
Q. Can I request a hotel not listed under the “Prices” tab?
A. Only if you require 5 or more rooms.
Q. Can I upgrade my room type?
A. Yes, subject to availability.
Q. What is the minimum night stay?
A. 2 night minimum – Adina Apartment Hotel, Northbank, InterContinental Melbourne the Rialto, Novotel Melbourne on Collins and The Victoria Hotel Ibis Styles
Q. Where is the function being held?
A. The Derby Day Cruiser – Melbourne River Cruises
Sportsnet Punter Express One-Way Tram Car Breakfast – The Colonial Tramcar Restaurant
‘The World’s Greatest’ Cup Eve Gala – TBA
Q. Is there a dress code?
A. Race wear for ladies, suit and tie for gents.
Q. Can I purchase tickets to the function only?
Q. Can I purchase event and function ticket only?
Q. Can I remove the function from the package?
Q. Is there a child rate?
A. ‘The World’s Greatest’ Cup Eve Gala – Yes. 12-17 Years: $185 | 5-11 Years: $95 | 0-4 Years FOC
Colonial Tramcar – Children must be over the age of 5 to travel on the Colonial Tramcar.
Flights & Transfers
Q. Are flights and pre-paid taxes included in the package?
A. No, flights and pre-paid airfare taxes are not included in this package. Please speak to your expert consultant to organise flights for you. Alternatively, you can book flights on our website www.sportsnetholidays.com.
Q. Are transfers included from the airport to my hotel? If so, what type?
A. No, transfers are not included in the package. However, if you have purchased flights with Sportsnet Holidays please speak with your expert consultant who can arrange these for you.
Q. Are transfers included from my hotel to the event? If so, what type?
A. Yes, if you have purchased the Derby Day One Way Cruiser or a Colonial Tramcar with Sportsnet Holidays you will be dropped off at Flemington Racecourse; this is one way only. A Full Fare myki card, pre-loaded with enough myki money for one day’s travel in Zone 1, which includes the entire tram network has been included in all packages if you have not purchased the other transfer options.
Q. What is the weather generally like at the time of the event?
A. The Melbourne Cup Carnival is an outdoor event and some ticketing options are open to the weather conditions. We urge you to dress appropriately and bring along the required protection eg. Sunscreen and wet-weather gear, keeping in mind the dress regulations. Melbourne can experience 4 seasons in 1 day!
Q. What currency do I use?
To find out the latest currency conversion rate please visit – http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/
Q. When can I expect to receive my tickets?
A. All documentation, including your event tickets, will be sent via courier to your nominated Australian address approximately 1 week prior to the event. Please note no signature is required and the courier will leave your documents in a safe place should you not be home. You will receive a call prior to delivery to advise you of the estimated delivery date.
Q. Why should I book through Sportsnet Holidays?
A. All it takes is a phone call and we’ll look after your booking from start to finish providing you with piece of mind, convenience and a seamless experience.
Q. Can I extend my trip?
A. Absolutely you can! Please speak to one of our expert consultants to help you plan your trip.
Q. What is the best way to book?
A. Freecall 1300 888 858 or email email@example.com
Q. How do I pay for my package?
A. You can pay by credit card, Direct Deposit, cheque or money order.
Q. Do I need to take specific medical precautions?
A. Please check the following website for any specific medical precautions or speak to your GP: www.tmvc.com.au
Q. Do I require travel insurance?
A. Travel insurance is not compulsory however Sportsnet Holidays highly recommends your purchase travel insurance for both domestic and international events. Please speak to your consultant who can assist in finding the right policy for you.
Q. Do I require a valid passport and visa?
A. For the latest passport and visa requirements please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au or www.visasdirect.com.au
- Online Enquiry Form
- Click here to make an enquiry.