2020 Holden State Of Origin Game II, Sydney – 4 Night P&O Cruise Package
4 night P&O ‘Pacific Dawn’ State Of Origin 2 – Brisbane to Sydney cruise package includes:
- 4 nights’ accommodation aboard the P&O Pacific Dawn – View Cabin Pricing
- 4 nights’ accommodation aboard the P&O Pacific Dawn in an Interior Cabin
- Return P&O coach transfers to and from ANZ Stadium
- Cruising with Rugby League legends
- Official Merchandise shop onboard
- All main meals at selected restaurants
- P&O’s signature entertainment plus special guests including past players and commentators
- Themed activities including Origin Trivia, Q&A sessions and photo & autograph opportunities
- Daytime activities including sports courts, whirlpool spas, pools and fully equipped gym
- Dedicated age specific children’s clubs
- All Australian and overseas port taxes
- Depart: Friday 19th June, 2020 in Brisbane, Australia
- Arrive: Tuesday 23rd June, 2020 in Brisbane, Australia
- Bronze Ticket to the Holden State of Origin Game 2 in Sydney
- $50 onboard cruise credit per person
- Official Merchandise – 2020 State of Origin QLD or NSW Scarf
- Booking and Ticket Handling Fee
2020 State of Origin Game II, Sydney – P&O Cruise Package Overview
|Ship:||P&O Pacific Dawn|
|Departure date:||Friday 19 June 2020|
|Return date:||Tuesday 23 June 2020|
|Nights of accommodation incl:||4|
|Key inclusions:||4 nights accommodation
All main meals aboard the P&O Pacific Dawn
Daytime activities & entertainment
2020 Holden State of Origin Game II ticket
|Prices from:||$999 per person, twin/double share|
|Pacific Dawn Interior Cabin||Package||999||859||1,834||795|
|Pacific Dawn Oceanview Cabin||Package||1,099||924||2,100||859|
|Pacific Dawn Balcony Cabin||Package||1,444||-||2,850||-|
|Pacific Dawn Mini Suite||Package||1,834||1,497||3,392||-|
|Pacific Dawn Suite||Package||2,264||1,899||4,392||-|
What are the accommodation options onboard?
A. Whether you are travelling with the whole family, holidaying with friends or as a couple, P&O Cruises has a room to suit your needs. Choose from an interior room, an ocean View room, or for that little bit of extra space you can choose a balcony room. If you are looking for that special something, our luxurious suites and mini-suites offer a range of extra amenities and benefits.
We also have a number of inter-connecting rooms suitable for families and friends on holiday together. These rooms are available in a number of configurations, including quad-quad (eight people), twin-quad (six people), and twin-twin (four people).
Are there any age or weight restrictions for guests occupying an upper bunk bed?
A. In line with Australian standards, P&O Cruises strongly recommends that children under the age of 9 do not occupy or play in an upper berth bunk bed.
Our upper bunk beds have a weight restriction of 100kg.
What is included in my room?
A. Besides the beds of course, all rooms include an ensuite bathroom with shower, personally controlled air-conditioning, flatscreen TV, fridge, telephone, hairdryer, writing desk, wardrobe, drawer space and safety deposit box.
What is the bedding configuration in my room?
A. Most of our four berth (quad) and three berth (triple) rooms contain two single lower beds and one or two upper berths (bunk beds). Queen bedding is available in most rooms, as long as the upper beds are not in use.
Some three or four berth Suite, Mini-Suite, Balcony and Oceanview rooms may contain a sofa bed or rollaway. Please check the bedding configuration at the time of booking.
Check-in and Embarkation
What time can I check-in for my cruise?
A. The check-in time for your cruise will be displayed on your Cruise eTicket. Arriving at the wharf early does not guarantee early embarkation, so to avoid congestion and long wait times, please do not arrive prior to your published check-in time.
Check-in closes one hour prior to your cruise’s scheduled departure time.
Please note, check in times are selected on first-come, first serve basis once you have completed your P&O Cruise Control.
What is the latest time I can check-in for my cruise?
A. Check-in closes one hour prior to your cruise’s scheduled departure time as displayed on your eTicket. Checking in after this time will cause you to miss your cruise and no refunds will be given.
Where can I find the latest check-in and departure information?
A. Our Arrivals and Departures Infoline has the latest departure and check-in information, updated at least 48 hours before each departure. Call (AU) 1300 653 620 or (NZ) 0800 543 429
Do I need luggage tags?
A. Yes. Your P&O Cruises luggage tags will be included with your eTicket. Please ensure one tag is printed, filled in and attached to each piece of luggage prior to arriving at the terminal. If you do not have luggage tags when you arrive at the terminal, you may experience delays at the luggage drop-off area.
What is involved in the check-in and embarkation process?
A. Before you arrive at the terminal, please ensure you have correctly filled in and attached luggage tags to each of your bags. Your luggage tags will be available to print from Cruise Control. Arriving to the wharf with no luggage tags attached to your luggage may result in longer wait times to drop-off your luggage.
Upon arrival at the terminal please proceed to the luggage drop-off area to check-in your luggage. Please ensure items you will require at cruise check-in, such as your eTicket, passport, ID, duty free and medication are not packed in these bags. You should then proceed into the terminal where you will be provided with a Health Questionnaire by Terminal staff. This must be completed prior to check-in.
At check-in you will need to present your passport (or government issued photo ID for domestic coastal cruises), your eTicket and a credit / debit card to setup your onboard account. Cash can be used, however you may experience some wait times at Reception to maintain your cash account during the cruise. If you would prefer to set up your onboard account with cash, this can be done by visiting Reception once onboard within the first 24 hours of your cruise.
Please note, a valid passport or government issued ID is mandatory for domestic coastal cruises. Passengers without the required identification will be denied boarding.
Once check-in is complete you will be advised on boarding formalities by Check-in staff and will be provided with a Cruise Card. You Cruise Card is your room key, your access on and off the ship and is used to make any purchases onboard.
Where does my cruise depart from?
A. The departure wharf, as well as your arrival wharf will be displayed on your eTicket and on your booking confirmation.
What time can I expect to disembark the ship?
A. Disembarkation is staggered and usually begins approximately 30 minutes after the ship’s arrival in port. During your cruise you will be asked to complete a disembarkation questionnaire about your post cruise travel arrangements so you can be allocated a disembarkation time. Disembarkation is usually completed within three hours of arriving into port, however, this can vary.
Flights & Transfers
I am booking my own flights, what arrival and departure times do you recommend?
A. Please ensure your flight arrives no later than four (4) hours before your cruise departure time. This should provide enough time to travel to the cruise terminal and check-in for your holiday of a lifetime.
If you do need to make changes to your own flight booking, your chosen airline may charge fees, so check their airfare conditions when you book.
Can I book transfers from the airport to the cruise terminal through Sportsnet?
A. No, you must make your own way to and from the Ferry Terminal.
Food and Beverages
Can I bring alcohol onboard?
A. Alcohol is not permitted to be brought onboard the ship. Duty-free and personal alcohol purchased onshore will be collected at the gangway and will be returned to you at the end of your cruise. Duty and tax-free alcohol is also available for purchase onboard and will also be held for safekeeping and can be collected on the last day of your cruise.
Can I bring non-alcoholic beverages onboard?
A. P&O Cruises have introduced restrictions for non-alcoholic beverages being brought onboard. The following restrictions apply to all cruises departing on or after 1 November 2014 and have been implemented to ensure the safety and security of all guests, in line with Responsible Service of Alcohol guidelines:
– Plastic and glass bottled drinks (opened or non-opened) are not permitted to be brought onboard, including bottled water.
– Each guest may bring onboard 12 cans of soft drink loosely packed. Slab packs of cans will not be permitted.
Luggage, Clothes and Electrical
How much luggage can I bring?
A. We recommend no more than 1 bag per person. Your bag cannot weigh more than 30kg and must be within airline restrictions.
What do I wear onboard?
A. During the day, casual clothes are suitable. After 5.30pm, ‘smart casual’ clothing is required in the public lounges and restaurants or as published in the ship’s newsletter. On our cocktail nights, it’s time to get your frocks out and join in the fun! We suggest women wear an evening or cocktail dress and men wear a suit or similar (tie optional).
How many cocktail nights will there be?
A. On cruises three to seven nights in duration there are usually one or two cocktail nights, with up to three on longer cruises. Cruises of two nights or less do not feature cocktail nights.
Do I need to bring a beach/pool towel?
A. No, you can leave the beach towel at home and save some space in your luggage. Beach towels are provided in your room for use onboard and while in port.
What type of electrical sockets are onboard?
A. All rooms are fitted with an Australian 3 point plug or adaptor providing 220/240 volt 60Hz. For safety reasons, we ask passengers not to use their own electrical appliances onboard except electrical shavers and approved medical equipment. Some electrical appliances may be confiscated at the time of embarkation and will be returned at the end of the cruise.
Medical, Dietary and Special Requirements
I take medication; do I need to let you know?
A. Yes, if you have a medical condition or take medication it must be advised at time of booking. We will send you a health questionnaire to complete so we have all necessary information. We want you to be safe and comfortable on your cruise, so bring enough medication to last you until the end of your holiday. It is also a good idea to bring a few extra days’ supply, in case of any unforeseen delays.
Can I bring my medical equipment to use onboard?
A. In most cases, yes. To ensure your medical equipment will work onboard, please advise your Travel Agent or our Customer Sales & Service team at the time of booking. We will then send you an information sheet to complete. For safety reasons, your equipment will need to be checked prior to boarding.
Do you cater for special dietary requirements onboard?
A. P&O Cruises can cater for most special dietary requests, such as vegetarian and food allergies, however, some limitations apply. If you have any special dietary requests, please ensure you advise your travel agent or our Customer Sales & Service team when you make your cruise booking or at least 60 days prior to your cruise departure. We also recommend you speak to the maitre d’ once you are onboard to confirm your dietary requirements.
What services and facilities do you offer for guests with disabilities?
A. P&O Cruises will make every effort to accommodate guests with disabilities. We have wheelchair-accessible rooms on all P&O Cruises ships, subject to availability at the time of request. We also have specialised kits for hearing impaired guests available, upon request at time of booking. If you have any special requirements including wheelchair usage, or have any questions regarding mobility, please inform your travel agent or our Customer Sales & Service team. P&O Cruises must be notified of wheelchair usage and/or any special needs at time of booking.
I require a mobility device; can I hire a mobility device to use onboard?
A. Guests who require a mobility device, such as a wheelchair, will need to bring their own. When bringing a wheelchair onboard, we highly recommend collapsible wheelchairs, as the width of the room doors vary. Please ensure you advise your travel agent or our Customer Sales & Service team at the time of booking if you will be using a mobility device.
Will I need vaccinations?
A. We strongly advise that you contact your doctor or an approved public health travel advisory service for information on vaccinations:
Australian public health authorities strongly recommend that all cruise ship passengers receive influenza vaccination at least two weeks before the start of their cruise. It is important that you see your doctor 6-8 weeks prior to departure to discuss and plan all necessary travel vaccines, including influenza vaccine.
Money Matters – How to Pay Onboard
What is the currency onboard?
A. All prices onboard our ships are in Australian dollars.
How do I pay onboard?
A. Welcome to cashless cruising! All shipboard expenses are charged to your personalised Cruise Card. Your Cruise Card is linked to your onboard account and can be settled by credit card (Visa, MasterCard or AmericanExpress) or debit card (Visa or MasterCard). Debit cards may act as a credit card, whilst using the available funds in your bank account.
When using your credit or debit card to settle your onboard account, we obtain pre-authorisations from your bank for the amounts spent on each day of your cruise. These amounts are not actual charges, although they may appear like a charge on your bank account or statement, they are holds to ensure you have sufficient funds available. At the end of the cruise, the final amount of your onboard account will be charged to your debit or credit card in full. Once the full amount is charged to your card, we will contact the bank to have the pre-authorisations released, however some banks may hold these for up to 30 days. To help speed up this process we recommend getting in contact with your bank or card issuer before your cruise to advise them of your travel plans.
A 1.5% service fee applies to all onboard credit card transactions (excluding pre-authorisations) which is subject to change and will be advised onboard.
Pre-paid credit cards and Travelex Visa cash passports are not accepted onboard. Please be aware that there are no EFTPOS facilities available onboard our ships.
Can I use cash to pay for my onboard account?
A. Yes. If you do not have a credit or debit card, you can add cash to your onboard account at reception (cash or traveller’s cheques are accepted).
Do I tip while onboard?
A. You are welcome to reward our onboard crew for exceptional service, however, tipping is not required.
Can I do my laundry onboard?
A. You’re on holiday – let us take care of this chore for you with our laundry service. There is also the option to do it yourself in our self-service laundromat. Charges apply for these services.
Where can I keep my valuables?
A. Better to be safe than sorry – there are safety deposit boxes located in each room. In the event you lose any items onboard, please visit Reception before you disembark. Any items (excluding clothing) not claimed within three weeks of your cruise return may be donated to charity. Due to hygiene reasons, unclaimed clothing will be destroyed onboard.
Where can I smoke?
A. Smoking is not permitted indoors on any of our ships. This includes your room and private balcony. For those who smoke, there are selected outdoor areas where smoking is permitted and this information will be communicated to you on board. This includes the smoking of electronic cigarettes.
Passport, Visas and Insurance
Do I need a passport and visa?
Passports, visas, vaccinations and other travel documentation are your responsibility.
Without the necessary passport (or government issued photo ID for domestic cruises), visas and/or vaccinations, local authorities may deny you boarding, prevent you from going ashore, issue a fine or deny the ship entry into the port. It is also your responsibility to ensure you have all the necessary documentation which permits you to travel.
For international cruises (cruises that visit a foreign port), passports must be valid for a minimum of six (6) months beyond the date of the cruise return. In addition, travel on our cruises will not revalidate an Australian or New Zealand re-entry visa. For more information, please visit www.passports.gov.au (Australian citizens) or www.passports.govt.nz (New Zealand citizens). For citizens of other countries, please contact your relevant national authority.
For standard Pacific Island and New Zealand itineraries (excluding Fiji and Papua New Guinea), visas may not be required as you will be considered in transit when you visit these ports as part of your cruise. If you are joining or leaving the ship in one of these countries, you are likely to require a visa. Some nationalities (excluding Australian and New Zealand passport holders) may require a visa for Fiji, even when transiting the country as part of your cruise.
Visas for Papua New Guinea and Vietnam will be issued upon arrival for all passengers and the applicable fee will be charged to your onboard account. Visas for Indonesia will be issued upon arrival for most passengers, including Australian and New Zealand passport holders, and the applicable fee will be charged to your onboard account. Visa fees are subject to change and will be advised onboard. We encourage other passport holders to check their visa requirements for Indonesia with the relevant consulate/embassy or visa service.
As visa requirements are always subject to change, please contact the relevant consulate/embassy or a visa service to confirm your individual visa requirements.
Do I need travel insurance?
A. We strongly recommend you purchase appropriate international travel insurance at the time you pay your deposit. If you do not purchase travel insurance you may not be able to recover cancellation charges, medical costs, repatriation and other expenses that may arise if things to do not go according to plan. Australian Medicare, New Zealand ACC and private health insurance will not cover you for any medical costs on board. All cruises (even cruises that do not visit foreign ports) require international travel insurance.
You should not base your insurance decision on the assumption ‘it won’t happen to me’ – accidents or illness can happen to anyone. Daily hospital bills can cost more than AUD5000 per day. For further information or to purchase travel insurance please contact your travel consultant at Sportsnet Holidays.
Can I use my mobile phone onboard?
A. Mobile phone reception is available on all our ships. A compatible mobile phone and a service plan capable of roaming internationally with Maritime Communications Partners (AS) is required. Make sure you check with your service provider for applicable charges before you depart.
How much does it cost to use the internet onboard?
A. Internet is available using the ships’ computers at the internet cafe and in the library. Wireless is also available in the most public areas. Please note that Internet access will always depend on the ship receiving a signal from the satellite. Time plans can be purchased onboard and work out at around $0.50 per minute depending on the plan purchased. Alternatively you can pay as you go for $0.75 per minute. Full details are available onboard including how to access wireless and prices are subject to change.
DINING & RESTAURANTS
Complimentary Dining Options (included in fare):
- Waterfront Restaurant – Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner Waterfront Restaurant serves up a selection of both classic and cutting edge cuisine.
- The Pantry – Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, food court style restaurant with menus changing daily, provides a wide range of international cuisine and modern Australian delights. The Pantry caters to both the adventurous and family favourites.
Specialty Dining Options:
- Salt Grill by Luke Mangan – Australia’s first celebrity chef restaurant at sea offers a truly unforgettable dining experience that’s sure to be a highlight of your holiday.
- Shell & Bones – Enjoy the catch of the day or feast on some seriously good meats from the butcher, out at sea!
- Chef’s Table – Chef’s Table is the most exclusive dinner party on the ship. Join our Executive Chef for a degustation dining experience you won’t forget!
- New Zealand Ice Cream – Why stop at one scoop? Try all your favourite flavours onboard at New Zealand Natural ice cream.
- The Grill – Eat alfresco on top deck where the vibe is casual and the meals are mouth-watering.
- Charlie’s Bar – Open from early morning until late at night Charlie’s is the go-to place for coffee, cake, cocktails and more.
- The Cafe – For a caffeine fix or sweet treat any time of the day head straight to The Café.
- Ocean Bar – Ocean Bar features comfy chaise lounges, a relaxed, homey vibe with live music performances in the evening.
- Board Games – Get the family together to play a board game. Spend big with Monopoly or spell it out with Scrabble. The choice is yours.
- Deck Games – Try your hand at our selection of deck games including golf putting, table tennis, quoits and much more.
- Karaoke – Belt out your favourite tunes and unleash your inner pop star with our onboard Karaoke.
- Laser Tag – Tag, you’re it! Battle it out with friends and family during an all-ages game of laser tag.
- Family Activities – Catered to the young and the young at heart, take part in a range of onboard activities suitable for the entire family.
- P&O Parties – We admit, we’ve been known to throw a memorable party or two over the years, but now we’re taking partying to a whole new level. We’ve got three new themed parties you won’t be able to stop yourself from joining, not that it was ever an option.
- Back to School Party – Our Back to School Party is the perfect place to release your inner child and dance the night away.
- Gatsby Party – Live the extravagant style of Gatsby in real life at our high-end cocktail party.
- Bianco, The P&O White Party – Dance the night away at the biggest night on the ship; our all-white party held on the top-deck.
- Anchors Aweigh Sailaway Party – Celebrate the start of your adventure with our Anchors Aweigh Sailaway Party. Think live music, cocktails, dancing and new friends.
- Spectacular Shows – Dinner and a show will never be the same after a P&O cruise. Our original production shows keep you entertained.
- Let’s Misbehave – Let’s Misbehave is a fun and cheeky frolic back to the era of swing bands, flappers, gangsters, burlesque and sirens.
- Slumber – Our beds can be a place of rest, of nurturing and revitalising. They can also be a place of struggle and torment.
- Seven – Seven, based on the Seven Deadly Sins, is a wonderful visual feast, twisting and turning through scenes of fantasy as we indulge the audience in these well known vices.
- X Centric – Built on a foundation of contemporary pop culture of late 20th and early 21st centuries “X Centric” is set to entertain audiences from 6 to 96.
- Off the Charts – A concert-style production offering a roller coaster ride through some of the musical smash hits of the naughties.
- Big Screen – Big entertainment day or night. The Big Screen shows sporting events, movies and even Wii games.
- Car Simulator – Drive a car, on a ship. Choose from our fast, faster and fastest race car simulators.
- Adults Only Comedy Club – It’s a laugh-a-minute at the adults only comedy club, the perfect place to kick back and relax onboard.
- Casino – There are roulette and blackjack tables, gaming lessons for beginners and poker machines to bring even more luck to your cruise.
- Trivia & Game Shows – Join in a round of trivia with friends or take part in one of our popular game shows.
- Live Music – From acoustic duos to rocking four piece party bands, we’ve got a wide range of talented musicians playing live everyday.
Enjoy a 4 night cruise at sea as P&O Cruise Lines transport you from Brisbane to Sydney return to enjoy one of Australia’s favourite events, State of Origin Game 2. As well as the being a part of the action at ANZ Stadium, you’ll have an actioned packed time away from home on a well-earned escape!
19 June, FRIDAY – Brisbane, Australia
Depart – 2:00PM
20 June, SATURDAY – At Sea, Australia
21 June, SUNDAY – Sydney, Australia
Arrive – 7:00AM
22 June, MONDAY – Sydney, Australia
Depart – 1:00AM
23 June, TUESDAY – Brisbane, Australia
Arrive – 10:00AM
– Departure and arrival times are subject to change
Terms & Conditions:
I have read and accept the P&O Booking and Passage Conditions (www.pocruises.com.au/alreadybooked/pages/bookingpassagetermsconditions.aspx) which apply to my travel onboard a P&O vessel. I accept these terms on behalf of myself and the other persons named in this booking.